Construction Project Superintendent
CoBeck Construction Company – South St. Paul, MN
CoBeck Construction was started in May 2012 to provide commercial general construction services to clients who value a partner with integrity, excellent communications and a commitment to quality. Our primary focus has been providing construction services for clients in the medical device manufacturing, healthcare, corporate interiors and corporate facilities, and retail sectors.
Summary – CoBeck Construction has an immediate full-time career opportunity for an experienced Project Superintendent to meet our current workload demands and future growth opportunities. The Project Superintendent is responsible for overall project site, coordinating and scheduling all subcontractors and suppliers. You may manage multiple projects simultaneously and travel may be required.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for ensuring compliance with all Architectural and Engineering Plans and Specifications, Building Codes & Officials, and adhering to CoBeck Construction’s Policies and Procedures. The Project Superintendent works closely with our Project Managers and General Superintendent on scheduling, subcontractor coordination, and running weekly jobsite meetings.
• Education & Experience - Degree in Construction Management or Vocational Trade School; with 10+ years as Project Superintendent with a commercial general contractor with experience building new office, medical, retail and and/or retail projects. Certified OSHA 10, OSHA 30, CPR required; with OSHA 40 and CHC preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Set-up job site office/trailer and be responsible for providing a clean and safe jobsite.
• Direct, Manage and Supervise the various subcontractors, suppliers on each job site daily.
• Develop, Communicate and Manage the daily, weekly and monthly project schedule on each project. If the project falls behind, will effectively manage and direct subcontractors to redirect appropriate personnel to complete tasks to get schedule back on track.
• Manage, document and track all plan changes of existing plan set, RFI and Change Order Logs.
• Effectively communicate and resolve issues throughout all phases of the construction process including priorities with schedule and quality standards in a fair and equitable manner.
• Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the Owners, Architects, Engineers, and Subcontractors and Suppliers with timely and efficient communication.
• Communicate concerns regarding subcontractors, suppliers, schedules, quality and safety in a timely manner with the Project Manager and General Superintendent.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities with periodic on-site inspections, track potential disputes and claims, procure punch list for the project, perform yearly inspections and resolve any deficiencies.
• Supervise and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Plan Reading – Read architectural plans; Coordinates subcontractors and suppliers; Communicates changes and progress to Project Manager and Subcontractors; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in individual or group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Communications Skills – excellent verbal and written skills; skillful at communicating and dictating schedule demands, critiquing the work of subcontractors for quality and schedule and the ability and willingness to effectively communicate to field personnel, foremen and laborers and interact with Owner’s Representative and Architects, Engineers and Building Officials in a professional manner.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Safety Consciousness – Develops, manages and enforces an onsite Safety Plan to ensure the safety and well-being of all subcontractors, employees/visitors working in an existing office/building/retail property, according to Local/State/Federal laws and regulations.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Please send your cover letter and resume to reply to email@example.com.