Construction Project Manager
CoBeck Construction Company – St. Paul, MN
CoBeck Construction was started in May 2012 to provide commercial general construction services to clients who value a partner with integrity, excellent communications and a commitment to quality. Our primary focus has been providing construction services for clients in the corporate interiors and corporate facilities, medical device manufacturing, healthcare and retail sectors.
Summary – CoBeck Construction has an immediate full-time career opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to meet our current workload demands and future growth opportunities. The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning, estimating/bidding, schedules, contract management, project cost reporting and cost control for multiple projects. The Project Manager works closely with our Project Superintendents on scheduling, subcontractor coordination, and running weekly jobsite meetings. The Project Manager is also responsible to assist with new business development and maintain existing client relationships.
Project Manager is responsible for Owner & Subcontractor Contracts and ensuring compliance with Architectural plans and Specifications, Building Codes & Officials, and adhering to CoBeck Construction’s Policies and Procedures.
Education & Experience - Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering; with 10+ years as Project Manager estimating and managing projects with a commercial general contractor with experience managing corporate interiors and corporate facilities, medical device manufacturing, healthcare or retail sectors preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Set-up and develop preliminary estimates, competitive bids and proposals, and project schedules for a multiple projects in a very busy and friendly construction office environment.
• Originate and manage Owner and Subcontractor contracts and effectively manage and track all project costs to ensure profitability with integrity and honesty.
• Effectively communicate and resolve issues throughout all phases of the construction process including priorities with schedule, budget, and quality standards in a fair and equitable manner.
• Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the Owners, Architects, Engineers, Project Superintendents, and Subcontractors and Suppliers with timely and efficient communication.
• Monitor the progress of the construction activities with periodic on-site inspections, track potential disputes and claims, procure punch list for the project, perform yearly inspections and resolve any deficiencies.
• Supervise and manage multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies - To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.